Dec 6, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes tweaked their roster heading into Friday’s game against the San Jose Sharks, recalling forward Zach Boychuk and placing Mike Komisarek (lower body) on the injured reserve.
Boychuk already has an assist in tonight’s game, which is still in progress. The 24-year-old has bounced around the league the last couple seasons, but settled in well with the AHL’s Charlotte Checkers this season.
Komisarek, 31, hasn’t collected a point in 10 regular season contests with the Hurricanes in 2013-14. He’s trying to turn his career around after being discarded by the Toronto Maple Leafs. So far, that doesn’t seem to be going particularly well.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 7
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13