Dec 6, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes tweaked their roster heading into Friday’s game against the San Jose Sharks, recalling forward Zach Boychuk and placing Mike Komisarek (lower body) on the injured reserve.
Boychuk already has an assist in tonight’s game, which is still in progress. The 24-year-old has bounced around the league the last couple seasons, but settled in well with the AHL’s Charlotte Checkers this season.
Komisarek, 31, hasn’t collected a point in 10 regular season contests with the Hurricanes in 2013-14. He’s trying to turn his career around after being discarded by the Toronto Maple Leafs. So far, that doesn’t seem to be going particularly well.
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight vs. B’s 0
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 20
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)