Dec 6, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes tweaked their roster heading into Friday’s game against the San Jose Sharks, recalling forward Zach Boychuk and placing Mike Komisarek (lower body) on the injured reserve.
Boychuk already has an assist in tonight’s game, which is still in progress. The 24-year-old has bounced around the league the last couple seasons, but settled in well with the AHL’s Charlotte Checkers this season.
Komisarek, 31, hasn’t collected a point in 10 regular season contests with the Hurricanes in 2013-14. He’s trying to turn his career around after being discarded by the Toronto Maple Leafs. So far, that doesn’t seem to be going particularly well.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2