Dec 6, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes tweaked their roster heading into Friday’s game against the San Jose Sharks, recalling forward Zach Boychuk and placing Mike Komisarek (lower body) on the injured reserve.
Boychuk already has an assist in tonight’s game, which is still in progress. The 24-year-old has bounced around the league the last couple seasons, but settled in well with the AHL’s Charlotte Checkers this season.
Komisarek, 31, hasn’t collected a point in 10 regular season contests with the Hurricanes in 2013-14. He’s trying to turn his career around after being discarded by the Toronto Maple Leafs. So far, that doesn’t seem to be going particularly well.
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 7
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 11
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)