Dec 6, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes tweaked their roster heading into Friday’s game against the San Jose Sharks, recalling forward Zach Boychuk and placing Mike Komisarek (lower body) on the injured reserve.
Boychuk already has an assist in tonight’s game, which is still in progress. The 24-year-old has bounced around the league the last couple seasons, but settled in well with the AHL’s Charlotte Checkers this season.
Komisarek, 31, hasn’t collected a point in 10 regular season contests with the Hurricanes in 2013-14. He’s trying to turn his career around after being discarded by the Toronto Maple Leafs. So far, that doesn’t seem to be going particularly well.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)