Dec 5, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
When the Dallas Stars take on the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight, they’ll have a key reinforcement in Tyler Seguin, according to the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika. He has a team-leading 12 goals and 11 assists in 24 games this season.
The 21-year-old forward was sidelined due to concussion symptoms, but only ended up missing two games as a result.
The Stars managed to hold their own without their top sniper, earning three of four points against Edmonton and Chicago. However, they could certainly use the help as they remain six points out of a playoff spot.
Toronto has a slim hold on a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, so they badly need these two points as well — and now that task has gotten significantly harder.
Stars lines in warm-ups in Toronto: Benn-Seguin-Peverley, Whitney-Eakin-Chiasson, Roussel-Fiddler-Jeffrey, Cole-Horcoff-Nichushkin.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) December 5, 2013
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 22
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)