Dec 5, 2013, 6:11 PM EDT
When the Dallas Stars take on the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight, they’ll have a key reinforcement in Tyler Seguin, according to the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika. He has a team-leading 12 goals and 11 assists in 24 games this season.
The 21-year-old forward was sidelined due to concussion symptoms, but only ended up missing two games as a result.
The Stars managed to hold their own without their top sniper, earning three of four points against Edmonton and Chicago. However, they could certainly use the help as they remain six points out of a playoff spot.
Toronto has a slim hold on a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, so they badly need these two points as well — and now that task has gotten significantly harder.
Stars lines in warm-ups in Toronto: Benn-Seguin-Peverley, Whitney-Eakin-Chiasson, Roussel-Fiddler-Jeffrey, Cole-Horcoff-Nichushkin.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) December 5, 2013
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47