Dec 5, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Here’s a GIF of the play in question, which preceded Montreal’s game-tying goal (the Habs would go on to win in a shootout, 4-3):
Elias didn’t take issue with Subban following the contest.
“I’m not going to blame anyone,” the veteran winger told NorthJersey.com. “I tried to get back. I tried to get in front of him and use a pick a little bit for Rico and when I saw (Henrique) was getting the puck I tried to get back and kind of fell down.
“I don’t know if I just lost an edge or we ran into each other.”
In a column for TSN, ex-NHL referee Kerry Fraser called Subban’s move “a sneaky but obvious slew-foot,” and said both Elias and Subban should’ve been whistled for penalties (Elias for interference, Subban for tripping).
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)