Dec 5, 2013, 2:35 PM EST
Here’s a GIF of the play in question, which preceded Montreal’s game-tying goal (the Habs would go on to win in a shootout, 4-3):
Elias didn’t take issue with Subban following the contest.
“I’m not going to blame anyone,” the veteran winger told NorthJersey.com. “I tried to get back. I tried to get in front of him and use a pick a little bit for Rico and when I saw (Henrique) was getting the puck I tried to get back and kind of fell down.
“I don’t know if I just lost an edge or we ran into each other.”
In a column for TSN, ex-NHL referee Kerry Fraser called Subban’s move “a sneaky but obvious slew-foot,” and said both Elias and Subban should’ve been whistled for penalties (Elias for interference, Subban for tripping).
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (74)