Dec 5, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Here’s a GIF of the play in question, which preceded Montreal’s game-tying goal (the Habs would go on to win in a shootout, 4-3):
Elias didn’t take issue with Subban following the contest.
“I’m not going to blame anyone,” the veteran winger told NorthJersey.com. “I tried to get back. I tried to get in front of him and use a pick a little bit for Rico and when I saw (Henrique) was getting the puck I tried to get back and kind of fell down.
“I don’t know if I just lost an edge or we ran into each other.”
In a column for TSN, ex-NHL referee Kerry Fraser called Subban’s move “a sneaky but obvious slew-foot,” and said both Elias and Subban should’ve been whistled for penalties (Elias for interference, Subban for tripping).
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)