Dec 5, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Here’s a GIF of the play in question, which preceded Montreal’s game-tying goal (the Habs would go on to win in a shootout, 4-3):
Elias didn’t take issue with Subban following the contest.
“I’m not going to blame anyone,” the veteran winger told NorthJersey.com. “I tried to get back. I tried to get in front of him and use a pick a little bit for Rico and when I saw (Henrique) was getting the puck I tried to get back and kind of fell down.
“I don’t know if I just lost an edge or we ran into each other.”
In a column for TSN, ex-NHL referee Kerry Fraser called Subban’s move “a sneaky but obvious slew-foot,” and said both Elias and Subban should’ve been whistled for penalties (Elias for interference, Subban for tripping).
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)