Dec 5, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Here’s a GIF of the play in question, which preceded Montreal’s game-tying goal (the Habs would go on to win in a shootout, 4-3):
Elias didn’t take issue with Subban following the contest.
“I’m not going to blame anyone,” the veteran winger told NorthJersey.com. “I tried to get back. I tried to get in front of him and use a pick a little bit for Rico and when I saw (Henrique) was getting the puck I tried to get back and kind of fell down.
“I don’t know if I just lost an edge or we ran into each other.”
In a column for TSN, ex-NHL referee Kerry Fraser called Subban’s move “a sneaky but obvious slew-foot,” and said both Elias and Subban should’ve been whistled for penalties (Elias for interference, Subban for tripping).
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 4
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 15
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 41
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (76)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)