Dec 5, 2013, 11:48 PM EST
Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville got right down to it on the topic of his goaltender Corey Crawford.
“He needs to be better,” said Quenneville, according to Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago.
The advice for Crawford came after the Blackhawks coughed up a 4-3 decision to the Minnesota Wild, a Central Division foe, on Thursday night. Chicago captured the lead early on in the third period, but quickly gave it up as the Wild scored twice in less than four minutes to snatch the victory back.
Marco Scandella‘s first goal of the season turned out to be the winner. It came with 1:48 remaining in regulation time.
Crawford faced only 23 shots the entire night, making 19 saves.
The Blackhawks, still first in the Central Division by three points, have lost their last two games, which follow after a six-game winning streak to cap off their Circus Trip in impressive style.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (113)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)