Dec 5, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
No Edmonton Oilers player has played more minutes this season than Jeff Petry. Which is notable, because Petry will be a healthy scratch tonight versus Colorado.
“It’s time to come out, watch a game from up top, take a breath and reset,” said head coach Dallas Eakins, who admitted Tuesday following the Oilers’ 6-2 loss to Phoenix that he was concerned about the 25-year-old defenseman’s play.
“We’ve preached about earning ice, accountability, all of those things,” Eakins said today, adding he had a “long conversation” with Petry this morning.
Petry won’t be the only healthy d-man sitting tonight for the Oilers. Anton Belov will be in the press box, too.
Oilers D tonight: Schultz, Schultz, Ference, Potter, Larsen, Marincin. How long till NHL steps in and makes Edm ice a real lineup?—
Rob Tychkowski (@Sun_Tychkowski) December 05, 2013
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)