Dec 5, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
No Edmonton Oilers player has played more minutes this season than Jeff Petry. Which is notable, because Petry will be a healthy scratch tonight versus Colorado.
“It’s time to come out, watch a game from up top, take a breath and reset,” said head coach Dallas Eakins, who admitted Tuesday following the Oilers’ 6-2 loss to Phoenix that he was concerned about the 25-year-old defenseman’s play.
“We’ve preached about earning ice, accountability, all of those things,” Eakins said today, adding he had a “long conversation” with Petry this morning.
Petry won’t be the only healthy d-man sitting tonight for the Oilers. Anton Belov will be in the press box, too.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 16
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)