Dec 5, 2013, 1:42 PM EST
No Edmonton Oilers player has played more minutes this season than Jeff Petry. Which is notable, because Petry will be a healthy scratch tonight versus Colorado.
“It’s time to come out, watch a game from up top, take a breath and reset,” said head coach Dallas Eakins, who admitted Tuesday following the Oilers’ 6-2 loss to Phoenix that he was concerned about the 25-year-old defenseman’s play.
“We’ve preached about earning ice, accountability, all of those things,” Eakins said today, adding he had a “long conversation” with Petry this morning.
Petry won’t be the only healthy d-man sitting tonight for the Oilers. Anton Belov will be in the press box, too.
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 0
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 1
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 46
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (46)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)