Dec 5, 2013, 1:42 PM EST
No Edmonton Oilers player has played more minutes this season than Jeff Petry. Which is notable, because Petry will be a healthy scratch tonight versus Colorado.
“It’s time to come out, watch a game from up top, take a breath and reset,” said head coach Dallas Eakins, who admitted Tuesday following the Oilers’ 6-2 loss to Phoenix that he was concerned about the 25-year-old defenseman’s play.
“We’ve preached about earning ice, accountability, all of those things,” Eakins said today, adding he had a “long conversation” with Petry this morning.
Petry won’t be the only healthy d-man sitting tonight for the Oilers. Anton Belov will be in the press box, too.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12