Dec 5, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
No Edmonton Oilers player has played more minutes this season than Jeff Petry. Which is notable, because Petry will be a healthy scratch tonight versus Colorado.
“It’s time to come out, watch a game from up top, take a breath and reset,” said head coach Dallas Eakins, who admitted Tuesday following the Oilers’ 6-2 loss to Phoenix that he was concerned about the 25-year-old defenseman’s play.
“We’ve preached about earning ice, accountability, all of those things,” Eakins said today, adding he had a “long conversation” with Petry this morning.
Petry won’t be the only healthy d-man sitting tonight for the Oilers. Anton Belov will be in the press box, too.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)