Dec 5, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
Barkov, 18, was selected second overall in this summer’s NHL Draft and has four goals and 10 points so far this season.
Barkov’s last shift of Florida’s 5-2 win over the Jets came before the midway point of the third period. It hasn’t been determined just how this injury occurred.
Still just a teenager, Barkov is still eligible to play for Finland in the 2014 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship.
However, Panthers general manager Dale Tallon recently made it clear Barkov would not be released to Finland for the annual U-20 tournament.
“There’s no way he’s going anywhere but here,” Tallon said recently. “We have to let him grow. He’s a big part of our future and our present.”
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)