Dec 5, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
As if things needed to get any harder for the poor New York Islanders, tonight they’ll face a Blues team, on the road in St. Louis, that’s unlikely to take the game lightly.
That’s because the Blues (18-5-3) are losers of two straight in regulation for the first time this season.
“I think we just need to stick with what we know best. We’ve gotten away from our team game a little bit, and the hard work that makes us such a hard team to beat.”
Winless in their last seven, the Isles have five tough road games coming up — in St. Louis, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, and Phoenix. Combined, those five teams have a home record of 49-8-10. The Isles, meanwhile, are just 3-9-0 on the road.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)