Dec 5, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
As if things needed to get any harder for the poor New York Islanders, tonight they’ll face a Blues team, on the road in St. Louis, that’s unlikely to take the game lightly.
That’s because the Blues (18-5-3) are losers of two straight in regulation for the first time this season.
“I think we just need to stick with what we know best. We’ve gotten away from our team game a little bit, and the hard work that makes us such a hard team to beat.”
Winless in their last seven, the Isles have five tough road games coming up — in St. Louis, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, and Phoenix. Combined, those five teams have a home record of 49-8-10. The Isles, meanwhile, are just 3-9-0 on the road.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5