Dec 5, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
As if things needed to get any harder for the poor New York Islanders, tonight they’ll face a Blues team, on the road in St. Louis, that’s unlikely to take the game lightly.
That’s because the Blues (18-5-3) are losers of two straight in regulation for the first time this season.
“I think we just need to stick with what we know best. We’ve gotten away from our team game a little bit, and the hard work that makes us such a hard team to beat.”
Winless in their last seven, the Isles have five tough road games coming up — in St. Louis, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, and Phoenix. Combined, those five teams have a home record of 49-8-10. The Isles, meanwhile, are just 3-9-0 on the road.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 18
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 58
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (90)