Dec 5, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
As if things needed to get any harder for the poor New York Islanders, tonight they’ll face a Blues team, on the road in St. Louis, that’s unlikely to take the game lightly.
That’s because the Blues (18-5-3) are losers of two straight in regulation for the first time this season.
“I think we just need to stick with what we know best. We’ve gotten away from our team game a little bit, and the hard work that makes us such a hard team to beat.”
Winless in their last seven, the Isles have five tough road games coming up — in St. Louis, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, and Phoenix. Combined, those five teams have a home record of 49-8-10. The Isles, meanwhile, are just 3-9-0 on the road.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)