Dec 5, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
A game between the Bruins and Canadiens is always something to look forward to, but tonight’s contest in Montreal between the longtime rivals also matches two of the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference.
“They’re 7-0-1 in their last eight games, and now they’re a point behind us,” said Boston forward Milan Lucic, per CSN New England. “It always seems to be one of this big games [against Montreal], and it’s no different tonight. There’s a lot to look forward to.
“I think this is probably our biggest test of the year coming into a tough building against a really good opponent playing its best hockey of the year. It’s going to be a really good test for us.”
The Bruins, of course, aren’t doing so badly themselves, with 10 wins in their last 13. Though the last time they played on the road they got embarrassed, 6-1, in Detroit.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 17
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5