Dec 5, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
A game between the Bruins and Canadiens is always something to look forward to, but tonight’s contest in Montreal between the longtime rivals also matches two of the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference.
“They’re 7-0-1 in their last eight games, and now they’re a point behind us,” said Boston forward Milan Lucic, per CSN New England. “It always seems to be one of this big games [against Montreal], and it’s no different tonight. There’s a lot to look forward to.
“I think this is probably our biggest test of the year coming into a tough building against a really good opponent playing its best hockey of the year. It’s going to be a really good test for us.”
The Bruins, of course, aren’t doing so badly themselves, with 10 wins in their last 13. Though the last time they played on the road they got embarrassed, 6-1, in Detroit.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45