Dec 5, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
A game between the Bruins and Canadiens is always something to look forward to, but tonight’s contest in Montreal between the longtime rivals also matches two of the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference.
“They’re 7-0-1 in their last eight games, and now they’re a point behind us,” said Boston forward Milan Lucic, per CSN New England. “It always seems to be one of this big games [against Montreal], and it’s no different tonight. There’s a lot to look forward to.
“I think this is probably our biggest test of the year coming into a tough building against a really good opponent playing its best hockey of the year. It’s going to be a really good test for us.”
The Bruins, of course, aren’t doing so badly themselves, with 10 wins in their last 13. Though the last time they played on the road they got embarrassed, 6-1, in Detroit.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 5
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20