Dec 5, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
A game between the Bruins and Canadiens is always something to look forward to, but tonight’s contest in Montreal between the longtime rivals also matches two of the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference.
“They’re 7-0-1 in their last eight games, and now they’re a point behind us,” said Boston forward Milan Lucic, per CSN New England. “It always seems to be one of this big games [against Montreal], and it’s no different tonight. There’s a lot to look forward to.
“I think this is probably our biggest test of the year coming into a tough building against a really good opponent playing its best hockey of the year. It’s going to be a really good test for us.”
The Bruins, of course, aren’t doing so badly themselves, with 10 wins in their last 13. Though the last time they played on the road they got embarrassed, 6-1, in Detroit.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)