Dec 5, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Tyler Bozak‘s nightmare campaign continued on Thursday, as the Leafs announced an MRI revealed his injury to be a strained oblique muscle — one that will keep him out of the Toronto lineup for an “extended period” of time.
Bozak, 27, only recently returned from a lower-body ailment that cost him 12 games. Considering he also missed Toronto’s final two playoff games with a different injury, it’s safe to say that ’13 has been a somewhat forgettable year — aside from the fact he signed a five-year, $21 million extension with Toronto in July.
The Bozak injury further depletes Toronto’s depth at forward. Dave Bolland will be out for the foreseeable future with a severed Achilles tendon, Joffrey Lupul is on IR with a groin strain and Colton Orr is out with an elbow injury.
In a related move, Toronto called up center Jerry D’Amigo from the AHL Marlies on Thursday.
UPDATE: The Leafs have placed Bozak on injured reserve.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)