Dec 5, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Isles rolling with Nilsson
Looks like the Islanders have a new go-to netminder.
Anders Nilsson will start for the third straight time on Thursday when New York takes on the Blues in St. Louis. The Swedish netminder played well in his last outing — stopping 31 of 34 shots in a 3-2 OT loss to Pittsburgh — and appears to have the upper hand (for now) on Kevin Poulin for the Isles’ No. 1 goalie gig.
Nilsson will go up against Jaroslav Halak tonight in the St. Louis goal.
Peters back for Carolina
Interesting decision from ‘Canes head coach Kirk Muller, who will go with Justin Peters for the second straight game tonight in Nashville. Peters stopped 26 of 27 shots in a 4-1 win over Washington on Tuesday — so he’s certainly full value for another start — but it is curious to see him go over Cam Ward, who has been very solid since coming back from injury.
Nashville has not yet named a starter for tonight, though it’s likely reigning rookie of the month Marek Mazanec will get the nod.
Rangers at Sabres: Henrik Lundqvist goes for New York, his first start after signing a seven-year, $59.5 million deal yesterday. No word on who Buffalo will counter with.
Jets at Panthers: Tim Thomas is confirmed for Florida, no word yet on a Winnipeg starter.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 9
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 81
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (82)