Dec 5, 2013, 2:03 PM EST
All the latest from the blue paint…
Isles rolling with Nilsson
Looks like the Islanders have a new go-to netminder.
Anders Nilsson will start for the third straight time on Thursday when New York takes on the Blues in St. Louis. The Swedish netminder played well in his last outing — stopping 31 of 34 shots in a 3-2 OT loss to Pittsburgh — and appears to have the upper hand (for now) on Kevin Poulin for the Isles’ No. 1 goalie gig.
Nilsson will go up against Jaroslav Halak tonight in the St. Louis goal.
Peters back for Carolina
Interesting decision from ‘Canes head coach Kirk Muller, who will go with Justin Peters for the second straight game tonight in Nashville. Peters stopped 26 of 27 shots in a 4-1 win over Washington on Tuesday — so he’s certainly full value for another start — but it is curious to see him go over Cam Ward, who has been very solid since coming back from injury.
Nashville has not yet named a starter for tonight, though it’s likely reigning rookie of the month Marek Mazanec will get the nod.
Rangers at Sabres: Henrik Lundqvist goes for New York, his first start after signing a seven-year, $59.5 million deal yesterday. No word on who Buffalo will counter with.
Jets at Panthers: Tim Thomas is confirmed for Florida, no word yet on a Winnipeg starter.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)