Dec 5, 2013, 1:07 AM EST
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano is far from a household name, but he’s important to his team. Calgary won in his first game back since breaking his ankle on Oct. 21, beating the Phoenix Coyotes 4-1.
Both Giordano and TJ Brodie enjoyed one-goal, one-assist performanes while Karri Ramo stole one, stopping 30 out of 31 shots. Coyotes backup Thomas Greiss failed in his attempt to win four times in four starts, as he allowed four goals on just 18 shots.
Here are some of the highlights:
That marks Ramo’s first win since Oct. 26. The Flames are now 10-13-4 on the season while the Coyotes slip to 16-8-4.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 0
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 4
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 9
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)