Dec 5, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano is far from a household name, but he’s important to his team. Calgary won in his first game back since breaking his ankle on Oct. 21, beating the Phoenix Coyotes 4-1.
Both Giordano and TJ Brodie enjoyed one-goal, one-assist performanes while Karri Ramo stole one, stopping 30 out of 31 shots. Coyotes backup Thomas Greiss failed in his attempt to win four times in four starts, as he allowed four goals on just 18 shots.
Here are some of the highlights:
That marks Ramo’s first win since Oct. 26. The Flames are now 10-13-4 on the season while the Coyotes slip to 16-8-4.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7