Dec 5, 2013, 1:07 AM EST
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano is far from a household name, but he’s important to his team. Calgary won in his first game back since breaking his ankle on Oct. 21, beating the Phoenix Coyotes 4-1.
Both Giordano and TJ Brodie enjoyed one-goal, one-assist performanes while Karri Ramo stole one, stopping 30 out of 31 shots. Coyotes backup Thomas Greiss failed in his attempt to win four times in four starts, as he allowed four goals on just 18 shots.
Here are some of the highlights:
That marks Ramo’s first win since Oct. 26. The Flames are now 10-13-4 on the season while the Coyotes slip to 16-8-4.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 2
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 20
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7