Dec 5, 2013, 1:07 AM EST
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano is far from a household name, but he’s important to his team. Calgary won in his first game back since breaking his ankle on Oct. 21, beating the Phoenix Coyotes 4-1.
Both Giordano and TJ Brodie enjoyed one-goal, one-assist performanes while Karri Ramo stole one, stopping 30 out of 31 shots. Coyotes backup Thomas Greiss failed in his attempt to win four times in four starts, as he allowed four goals on just 18 shots.
Here are some of the highlights:
That marks Ramo’s first win since Oct. 26. The Flames are now 10-13-4 on the season while the Coyotes slip to 16-8-4.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 9
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 6
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11