Dec 5, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano is far from a household name, but he’s important to his team. Calgary won in his first game back since breaking his ankle on Oct. 21, beating the Phoenix Coyotes 4-1.
Both Giordano and TJ Brodie enjoyed one-goal, one-assist performanes while Karri Ramo stole one, stopping 30 out of 31 shots. Coyotes backup Thomas Greiss failed in his attempt to win four times in four starts, as he allowed four goals on just 18 shots.
Here are some of the highlights:
That marks Ramo’s first win since Oct. 26. The Flames are now 10-13-4 on the season while the Coyotes slip to 16-8-4.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 64
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50