Dec 5, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
Mathieu Perreault was one of the league’s biggest surprises earlier this season with 13 points in his first 14 games, but that seems like a distant memory now.
The 25-year-old forward has recorded just two assists since then and now he’ll be out for at least three contests after the Anaheim Ducks placed him on the injured reserve list with a lower-body injury, according to the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens.
The Ducks also called up a pair of reinforcements in very different stages of their careers. Emerson Etem, 21, is getting another shot to establish himself in the NHL after recording 10 points in 24 games before Anaheim sent him to AHL Norfolk last week.
Etem was taken in the first round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft before he scored 61 goals and 107 points in 65 WHL games in 2011-12. His transition to the pros hasn’t been smooth, but after averaging just 13:08 minutes per contest with the Ducks, he made the most of his brief AHL stint by recording five points in three matches.
Anaheim also summoned 31-year-old center David Steckel. He’s best known for his 58.3% career faceoff success rate.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)