Dec 5, 2013, 7:22 PM EST
Mathieu Perreault was one of the league’s biggest surprises earlier this season with 13 points in his first 14 games, but that seems like a distant memory now.
The 25-year-old forward has recorded just two assists since then and now he’ll be out for at least three contests after the Anaheim Ducks placed him on the injured reserve list with a lower-body injury, according to the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens.
The Ducks also called up a pair of reinforcements in very different stages of their careers. Emerson Etem, 21, is getting another shot to establish himself in the NHL after recording 10 points in 24 games before Anaheim sent him to AHL Norfolk last week.
Etem was taken in the first round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft before he scored 61 goals and 107 points in 65 WHL games in 2011-12. His transition to the pros hasn’t been smooth, but after averaging just 13:08 minutes per contest with the Ducks, he made the most of his brief AHL stint by recording five points in three matches.
Anaheim also summoned 31-year-old center David Steckel. He’s best known for his 58.3% career faceoff success rate.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)