Dec 5, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
Mathieu Perreault was one of the league’s biggest surprises earlier this season with 13 points in his first 14 games, but that seems like a distant memory now.
The 25-year-old forward has recorded just two assists since then and now he’ll be out for at least three contests after the Anaheim Ducks placed him on the injured reserve list with a lower-body injury, according to the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens.
The Ducks also called up a pair of reinforcements in very different stages of their careers. Emerson Etem, 21, is getting another shot to establish himself in the NHL after recording 10 points in 24 games before Anaheim sent him to AHL Norfolk last week.
Etem was taken in the first round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft before he scored 61 goals and 107 points in 65 WHL games in 2011-12. His transition to the pros hasn’t been smooth, but after averaging just 13:08 minutes per contest with the Ducks, he made the most of his brief AHL stint by recording five points in three matches.
Anaheim also summoned 31-year-old center David Steckel. He’s best known for his 58.3% career faceoff success rate.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- Erik Haula signs two-year extension with Wild (35)