Dec 5, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
Mathieu Perreault was one of the league’s biggest surprises earlier this season with 13 points in his first 14 games, but that seems like a distant memory now.
The 25-year-old forward has recorded just two assists since then and now he’ll be out for at least three contests after the Anaheim Ducks placed him on the injured reserve list with a lower-body injury, according to the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens.
The Ducks also called up a pair of reinforcements in very different stages of their careers. Emerson Etem, 21, is getting another shot to establish himself in the NHL after recording 10 points in 24 games before Anaheim sent him to AHL Norfolk last week.
Etem was taken in the first round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft before he scored 61 goals and 107 points in 65 WHL games in 2011-12. His transition to the pros hasn’t been smooth, but after averaging just 13:08 minutes per contest with the Ducks, he made the most of his brief AHL stint by recording five points in three matches.
Anaheim also summoned 31-year-old center David Steckel. He’s best known for his 58.3% career faceoff success rate.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (40)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)