Dec 5, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
Mathieu Perreault was one of the league’s biggest surprises earlier this season with 13 points in his first 14 games, but that seems like a distant memory now.
The 25-year-old forward has recorded just two assists since then and now he’ll be out for at least three contests after the Anaheim Ducks placed him on the injured reserve list with a lower-body injury, according to the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens.
The Ducks also called up a pair of reinforcements in very different stages of their careers. Emerson Etem, 21, is getting another shot to establish himself in the NHL after recording 10 points in 24 games before Anaheim sent him to AHL Norfolk last week.
Etem was taken in the first round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft before he scored 61 goals and 107 points in 65 WHL games in 2011-12. His transition to the pros hasn’t been smooth, but after averaging just 13:08 minutes per contest with the Ducks, he made the most of his brief AHL stint by recording five points in three matches.
Anaheim also summoned 31-year-old center David Steckel. He’s best known for his 58.3% career faceoff success rate.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 0
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 27
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)