Dec 5, 2013, 8:51 PM EST
Daley, 30, collided into Toronto’s James van Riemsdyk and appeared to hurt his ankle or leg, based on reports from the Globe and Mail’s James Mìrtle and the Stars’ Mark Stepneski. He wasn’t putting weight on his leg as he was helped off the ice.
Dallas has confirmed that he won’t return before the conclusion of tonight’s match. They are officially listing it as a lower-body injury.
The Toronto-native had five points and 24 penalty minutes in 26 games before tonight’s contest. Since being drafted by Dallas in 2002, he has played in 648 contests with the squad.
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 0
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)