Dec 5, 2013, 8:51 PM EST
Daley, 30, collided into Toronto’s James van Riemsdyk and appeared to hurt his ankle or leg, based on reports from the Globe and Mail’s James Mìrtle and the Stars’ Mark Stepneski. He wasn’t putting weight on his leg as he was helped off the ice.
Dallas has confirmed that he won’t return before the conclusion of tonight’s match. They are officially listing it as a lower-body injury.
The Toronto-native had five points and 24 penalty minutes in 26 games before tonight’s contest. Since being drafted by Dallas in 2002, he has played in 648 contests with the squad.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 12
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 12
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)