Dec 5, 2013, 8:51 PM EDT
Daley, 30, collided into Toronto’s James van Riemsdyk and appeared to hurt his ankle or leg, based on reports from the Globe and Mail’s James Mìrtle and the Stars’ Mark Stepneski. He wasn’t putting weight on his leg as he was helped off the ice.
Dallas has confirmed that he won’t return before the conclusion of tonight’s match. They are officially listing it as a lower-body injury.
The Toronto-native had five points and 24 penalty minutes in 26 games before tonight’s contest. Since being drafted by Dallas in 2002, he has played in 648 contests with the squad.
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 0
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 25
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)