Dec 5, 2013, 8:51 PM EST
Daley, 30, collided into Toronto’s James van Riemsdyk and appeared to hurt his ankle or leg, based on reports from the Globe and Mail’s James Mìrtle and the Stars’ Mark Stepneski. He wasn’t putting weight on his leg as he was helped off the ice.
Dallas has confirmed that he won’t return before the conclusion of tonight’s match. They are officially listing it as a lower-body injury.
The Toronto-native had five points and 24 penalty minutes in 26 games before tonight’s contest. Since being drafted by Dallas in 2002, he has played in 648 contests with the squad.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (71)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)