Dec 5, 2013, 3:08 PM EDT
An update, of sorts, from Vancouver on the health of defenseman Alex Edler:
Edler remains out indefinitely. He’ll be evaluated again today.
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) December 5, 2013
Edler was injured during Tuesday’s 3-1 win in Nashville. At the time, the 27-year-old rearguard was listed as day-to-day, and it still remains unclear 1) exactly what the ailment is, and 2) what his projected timetable for return is.
With Edler gone, the Canucks will insert little-used Andrew Alberts into the lineup tonight vs Phoenix. The 32-year-old veteran hasn’t played since playing just 1:49 in a 3-2 shootout win over New Jersey on Oct. 24.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)