Dec 5, 2013, 3:08 PM EDT
An update, of sorts, from Vancouver on the health of defenseman Alex Edler:
Edler remains out indefinitely. He’ll be evaluated again today.
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) December 5, 2013
Edler was injured during Tuesday’s 3-1 win in Nashville. At the time, the 27-year-old rearguard was listed as day-to-day, and it still remains unclear 1) exactly what the ailment is, and 2) what his projected timetable for return is.
With Edler gone, the Canucks will insert little-used Andrew Alberts into the lineup tonight vs Phoenix. The 32-year-old veteran hasn’t played since playing just 1:49 in a 3-2 shootout win over New Jersey on Oct. 24.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)