Dec 5, 2013, 3:08 PM EST
An update, of sorts, from Vancouver on the health of defenseman Alex Edler:
Edler remains out indefinitely. He’ll be evaluated again today.
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) December 5, 2013
Edler was injured during Tuesday’s 3-1 win in Nashville. At the time, the 27-year-old rearguard was listed as day-to-day, and it still remains unclear 1) exactly what the ailment is, and 2) what his projected timetable for return is.
With Edler gone, the Canucks will insert little-used Andrew Alberts into the lineup tonight vs Phoenix. The 32-year-old veteran hasn’t played since playing just 1:49 in a 3-2 shootout win over New Jersey on Oct. 24.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)