Dec 5, 2013, 3:08 PM EST
An update, of sorts, from Vancouver on the health of defenseman Alex Edler:
Edler remains out indefinitely. He’ll be evaluated again today.
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) December 5, 2013
Edler was injured during Tuesday’s 3-1 win in Nashville. At the time, the 27-year-old rearguard was listed as day-to-day, and it still remains unclear 1) exactly what the ailment is, and 2) what his projected timetable for return is.
With Edler gone, the Canucks will insert little-used Andrew Alberts into the lineup tonight vs Phoenix. The 32-year-old veteran hasn’t played since playing just 1:49 in a 3-2 shootout win over New Jersey on Oct. 24.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)