Dec 5, 2013, 3:08 PM EDT
An update, of sorts, from Vancouver on the health of defenseman Alex Edler:
Edler remains out indefinitely. He’ll be evaluated again today.
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) December 5, 2013
Edler was injured during Tuesday’s 3-1 win in Nashville. At the time, the 27-year-old rearguard was listed as day-to-day, and it still remains unclear 1) exactly what the ailment is, and 2) what his projected timetable for return is.
With Edler gone, the Canucks will insert little-used Andrew Alberts into the lineup tonight vs Phoenix. The 32-year-old veteran hasn’t played since playing just 1:49 in a 3-2 shootout win over New Jersey on Oct. 24.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63