Dec 5, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
On top of Boston Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk being taken off on a stretcher and Dallas Stars blueliner Trevor Daley suffering a lower-body injury, it looks like Victor Hedman‘s night might be done.
The Lightning defenseman logged just 5:39 minutes before exiting the game. Tampa Bay revealed Hedman has a lower-body injury and termed his chances of returning for the third period as doubtful.
The 2009 second overall pick had six goals and 15 points in 27 games while averaging 21:54 minutes before tonight’s contest.
Hedman’s injury is just the latest in a long line of setbacks for the Lightning this season. They entered Thursday’s game against the Ottawa Senators without Steve Stamkos, Eric Brewer, and Ryan Malone. Tampa Bay hasn’t been able to overcome its injury troubles so far, as evidenced by its recent 2-5-1 record.
That being said, the Lightning do have a 2-1 lead over the Ottawa Senators through 40 minutes.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)