Dec 5, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
On top of Boston Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk being taken off on a stretcher and Dallas Stars blueliner Trevor Daley suffering a lower-body injury, it looks like Victor Hedman‘s night might be done.
The Lightning defenseman logged just 5:39 minutes before exiting the game. Tampa Bay revealed Hedman has a lower-body injury and termed his chances of returning for the third period as doubtful.
The 2009 second overall pick had six goals and 15 points in 27 games while averaging 21:54 minutes before tonight’s contest.
Hedman’s injury is just the latest in a long line of setbacks for the Lightning this season. They entered Thursday’s game against the Ottawa Senators without Steve Stamkos, Eric Brewer, and Ryan Malone. Tampa Bay hasn’t been able to overcome its injury troubles so far, as evidenced by its recent 2-5-1 record.
That being said, the Lightning do have a 2-1 lead over the Ottawa Senators through 40 minutes.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)