Dec 5, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
On top of Boston Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk being taken off on a stretcher and Dallas Stars blueliner Trevor Daley suffering a lower-body injury, it looks like Victor Hedman‘s night might be done.
The Lightning defenseman logged just 5:39 minutes before exiting the game. Tampa Bay revealed Hedman has a lower-body injury and termed his chances of returning for the third period as doubtful.
The 2009 second overall pick had six goals and 15 points in 27 games while averaging 21:54 minutes before tonight’s contest.
Hedman’s injury is just the latest in a long line of setbacks for the Lightning this season. They entered Thursday’s game against the Ottawa Senators without Steve Stamkos, Eric Brewer, and Ryan Malone. Tampa Bay hasn’t been able to overcome its injury troubles so far, as evidenced by its recent 2-5-1 record.
That being said, the Lightning do have a 2-1 lead over the Ottawa Senators through 40 minutes.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)