Dec 4, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Columbus will have the Mac show in goal for the next little while.
McKenna will serve as the backup to Curtis McElhinney, the club’s temporary starter until Bobrovsky returns.
The Russian netminder will undergo an MRI at some point Wednesday, but the Columbus Dispatch reports it’s entirely possible the Jackets won’t know the extent of Bobrovsky’s injury for another few days.
Columbus next plays on Friday against Minnesota, then travels to Pittsburgh for a Monday date at Consol against the Penguins.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5