Dec 4, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Columbus will have the Mac show in goal for the next little while.
McKenna will serve as the backup to Curtis McElhinney, the club’s temporary starter until Bobrovsky returns.
The Russian netminder will undergo an MRI at some point Wednesday, but the Columbus Dispatch reports it’s entirely possible the Jackets won’t know the extent of Bobrovsky’s injury for another few days.
Columbus next plays on Friday against Minnesota, then travels to Pittsburgh for a Monday date at Consol against the Penguins.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)