Dec 4, 2013, 10:43 AM EDT
Columbus will have the Mac show in goal for the next little while.
McKenna will serve as the backup to Curtis McElhinney, the club’s temporary starter until Bobrovsky returns.
The Russian netminder will undergo an MRI at some point Wednesday, but the Columbus Dispatch reports it’s entirely possible the Jackets won’t know the extent of Bobrovsky’s injury for another few days.
Columbus next plays on Friday against Minnesota, then travels to Pittsburgh for a Monday date at Consol against the Penguins.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)