Dec 4, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Mikael Granlund has missed the last three games with a concussion, and it appears he’ll miss a few more.
On Wednesday, the Minnesota sophomore was “essentially” shut down, according to the Star-Tribune. Granlund skated on Monday but will now be kept off ice and on injured reserve until symptoms clear.
Wild head coach Mike Yeo didn’t sound optimistic about a speedy return.
“We’re going to keep [Granlund] off right now,” Yeo explained. “He skated the other day and we’re at the point now where lets just take some time off here and make sure we get this right.
“I just know that we’re not making progress, and so what we’re doing right now, we have to take a different approach.”
Granlund, 21, suffered the concussion on a hit from Coyotes defenseman Connor Murphy on Nov. 27 — Granlund’s first game back after missing a pair with an upper-body injuruy.
The Finnish forward has 12 points in 24 games for the Wild this year, and is averaging just under 16 minutes per game.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)