Dec 4, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Mikael Granlund has missed the last three games with a concussion, and it appears he’ll miss a few more.
On Wednesday, the Minnesota sophomore was “essentially” shut down, according to the Star-Tribune. Granlund skated on Monday but will now be kept off ice and on injured reserve until symptoms clear.
Wild head coach Mike Yeo didn’t sound optimistic about a speedy return.
“We’re going to keep [Granlund] off right now,” Yeo explained. “He skated the other day and we’re at the point now where lets just take some time off here and make sure we get this right.
“I just know that we’re not making progress, and so what we’re doing right now, we have to take a different approach.”
Granlund, 21, suffered the concussion on a hit from Coyotes defenseman Connor Murphy on Nov. 27 — Granlund’s first game back after missing a pair with an upper-body injuruy.
The Finnish forward has 12 points in 24 games for the Wild this year, and is averaging just under 16 minutes per game.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)