Dec 4, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Mikael Granlund has missed the last three games with a concussion, and it appears he’ll miss a few more.
On Wednesday, the Minnesota sophomore was “essentially” shut down, according to the Star-Tribune. Granlund skated on Monday but will now be kept off ice and on injured reserve until symptoms clear.
Wild head coach Mike Yeo didn’t sound optimistic about a speedy return.
“We’re going to keep [Granlund] off right now,” Yeo explained. “He skated the other day and we’re at the point now where lets just take some time off here and make sure we get this right.
“I just know that we’re not making progress, and so what we’re doing right now, we have to take a different approach.”
Granlund, 21, suffered the concussion on a hit from Coyotes defenseman Connor Murphy on Nov. 27 — Granlund’s first game back after missing a pair with an upper-body injuruy.
The Finnish forward has 12 points in 24 games for the Wild this year, and is averaging just under 16 minutes per game.
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 7
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)