Dec 4, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Mikael Granlund has missed the last three games with a concussion, and it appears he’ll miss a few more.
On Wednesday, the Minnesota sophomore was “essentially” shut down, according to the Star-Tribune. Granlund skated on Monday but will now be kept off ice and on injured reserve until symptoms clear.
Wild head coach Mike Yeo didn’t sound optimistic about a speedy return.
“We’re going to keep [Granlund] off right now,” Yeo explained. “He skated the other day and we’re at the point now where lets just take some time off here and make sure we get this right.
“I just know that we’re not making progress, and so what we’re doing right now, we have to take a different approach.”
Granlund, 21, suffered the concussion on a hit from Coyotes defenseman Connor Murphy on Nov. 27 — Granlund’s first game back after missing a pair with an upper-body injuruy.
The Finnish forward has 12 points in 24 games for the Wild this year, and is averaging just under 16 minutes per game.
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 17
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)