Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens enforcer Brandon Prust took exception to a hit New Jersey Devils tough guy Cam Janssen delivered on Wednesday, then the hockey world took exception to the uppercut Prust landed on Janssen.
Goodness. The fact that Janssen stayed on his feet is Example 2,050 of why hockey players are tougher than the rest of us.
Full video of the fight will be posted if it becomes available, but if not, that clip should mesmerize on its own. (In fact, let’s keep that slow-mo blow, either way … OK?)
Janssen and Prust are no strangers; this was the fifth fight the two engaged according to Hockey Fights, which makes sense as Prust also played for the New York Rangers.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 46
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39