Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens enforcer Brandon Prust took exception to a hit New Jersey Devils tough guy Cam Janssen delivered on Wednesday, then the hockey world took exception to the uppercut Prust landed on Janssen.
Goodness. The fact that Janssen stayed on his feet is Example 2,050 of why hockey players are tougher than the rest of us.
Full video of the fight will be posted if it becomes available, but if not, that clip should mesmerize on its own. (In fact, let’s keep that slow-mo blow, either way … OK?)
Janssen and Prust are no strangers; this was the fifth fight the two engaged according to Hockey Fights, which makes sense as Prust also played for the New York Rangers.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)