Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens enforcer Brandon Prust took exception to a hit New Jersey Devils tough guy Cam Janssen delivered on Wednesday, then the hockey world took exception to the uppercut Prust landed on Janssen.
Goodness. The fact that Janssen stayed on his feet is Example 2,050 of why hockey players are tougher than the rest of us.
Full video of the fight will be posted if it becomes available, but if not, that clip should mesmerize on its own. (In fact, let’s keep that slow-mo blow, either way … OK?)
Janssen and Prust are no strangers; this was the fifth fight the two engaged according to Hockey Fights, which makes sense as Prust also played for the New York Rangers.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)