Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens enforcer Brandon Prust took exception to a hit New Jersey Devils tough guy Cam Janssen delivered on Wednesday, then the hockey world took exception to the uppercut Prust landed on Janssen.
Goodness. The fact that Janssen stayed on his feet is Example 2,050 of why hockey players are tougher than the rest of us.
Full video of the fight will be posted if it becomes available, but if not, that clip should mesmerize on its own. (In fact, let’s keep that slow-mo blow, either way … OK?)
Janssen and Prust are no strangers; this was the fifth fight the two engaged according to Hockey Fights, which makes sense as Prust also played for the New York Rangers.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)