Dec 4, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Henrik Lundqvist will get a big chunk of his seven-year, $59.5 million extension up front. The New York Rangers will pay him $11 million ($3 million base salary plus an $8 million signing bonus) in 2014-15, Renaud Lavoie of The Journal de Montreal reports.
Lavoie provides a year-by-year salary breakdown:
2014-15: $11 million
This contract carries an $8.5 million cap hit and will cover him until he’s 39 years old.
Just some added information in case you weren’t jealous of the 31-year-old goalie already …
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15