Dec 4, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Henrik Lundqvist will get a big chunk of his seven-year, $59.5 million extension up front. The New York Rangers will pay him $11 million ($3 million base salary plus an $8 million signing bonus) in 2014-15, Renaud Lavoie of The Journal de Montreal reports.
Lavoie provides a year-by-year salary breakdown:
2014-15: $11 million
This contract carries an $8.5 million cap hit and will cover him until he’s 39 years old.
Just some added information in case you weren’t jealous of the 31-year-old goalie already …
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14