Dec 4, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
Henrik Lundqvist will get a big chunk of his seven-year, $59.5 million extension up front. The New York Rangers will pay him $11 million ($3 million base salary plus an $8 million signing bonus) in 2014-15, Renaud Lavoie of The Journal de Montreal reports.
Lavoie provides a year-by-year salary breakdown:
2014-15: $11 million
This contract carries an $8.5 million cap hit and will cover him until he’s 39 years old.
Just some added information in case you weren’t jealous of the 31-year-old goalie already …
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56