Dec 4, 2013, 11:29 PM EDT
For a brief window of time, people believed that the San Jose Sharks would regret trading Jamie McGinn. Now it looks like the Colorado Avalanche are trying to do the same.
TSN’s Pierre LeBrun reported on Tuesday that the team is shopping the 25-year-old forward for a defenseman or “veteran checking forward.”
“I expect more from him,” Roy said. “Jamie needs to be better offensively, play with more grit in front of the net. He needs to be more physical, he needs to be better defensively.”
So, basically McGinn brought home a report card littered with C’s, D’s and F’s.
Of course, it’s usually tough to trade a player when his value is low, so Colorado might want to wait a bit if this is more of a permanent break; he’s had just two goals and one assist since Oct. 10.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)