Dec 4, 2013, 11:29 PM EST
For a brief window of time, people believed that the San Jose Sharks would regret trading Jamie McGinn. Now it looks like the Colorado Avalanche are trying to do the same.
TSN’s Pierre LeBrun reported on Tuesday that the team is shopping the 25-year-old forward for a defenseman or “veteran checking forward.”
“I expect more from him,” Roy said. “Jamie needs to be better offensively, play with more grit in front of the net. He needs to be more physical, he needs to be better defensively.”
So, basically McGinn brought home a report card littered with C’s, D’s and F’s.
Of course, it’s usually tough to trade a player when his value is low, so Colorado might want to wait a bit if this is more of a permanent break; he’s had just two goals and one assist since Oct. 10.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 31
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 35
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (40)