Dec 4, 2013, 11:29 PM EDT
For a brief window of time, people believed that the San Jose Sharks would regret trading Jamie McGinn. Now it looks like the Colorado Avalanche are trying to do the same.
TSN’s Pierre LeBrun reported on Tuesday that the team is shopping the 25-year-old forward for a defenseman or “veteran checking forward.”
“I expect more from him,” Roy said. “Jamie needs to be better offensively, play with more grit in front of the net. He needs to be more physical, he needs to be better defensively.”
So, basically McGinn brought home a report card littered with C’s, D’s and F’s.
Of course, it’s usually tough to trade a player when his value is low, so Colorado might want to wait a bit if this is more of a permanent break; he’s had just two goals and one assist since Oct. 10.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)