Dec 4, 2013, 11:29 PM EST
For a brief window of time, people believed that the San Jose Sharks would regret trading Jamie McGinn. Now it looks like the Colorado Avalanche are trying to do the same.
TSN’s Pierre LeBrun reported on Tuesday that the team is shopping the 25-year-old forward for a defenseman or “veteran checking forward.”
“I expect more from him,” Roy said. “Jamie needs to be better offensively, play with more grit in front of the net. He needs to be more physical, he needs to be better defensively.”
So, basically McGinn brought home a report card littered with C’s, D’s and F’s.
Of course, it’s usually tough to trade a player when his value is low, so Colorado might want to wait a bit if this is more of a permanent break; he’s had just two goals and one assist since Oct. 10.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)