Dec 4, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
After Tuesday’s aggravating 6-2 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, the Edmonton Oilers tweaked their lineup on Wednesday. Ilya Bryzgalov was placed on the IR with his concussion-or-whiplash issues, making room for some swaps between the big club and the AHL’s Oklahoma City Barons.
Demoted: Defenseman Denis Grebeshkov and forward Will Acton.
Oilers Nation points out that Oilers GM Craig MacTavish was able to soak in a pair of Barons games this past weekend thanks to an Oilers road game in Dallas, which might have contributed to these roster moves.
This is the first NHL promotion for Marincin, a big defenseman who was taken in the second round (46th overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft. Lander might be the most interesting call-up of the three, however, as he is the Barons’ second-leading scorer with 15 points in 18 games.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)