Dec 4, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
After Tuesday’s aggravating 6-2 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, the Edmonton Oilers tweaked their lineup on Wednesday. Ilya Bryzgalov was placed on the IR with his concussion-or-whiplash issues, making room for some swaps between the big club and the AHL’s Oklahoma City Barons.
Demoted: Defenseman Denis Grebeshkov and forward Will Acton.
Oilers Nation points out that Oilers GM Craig MacTavish was able to soak in a pair of Barons games this past weekend thanks to an Oilers road game in Dallas, which might have contributed to these roster moves.
This is the first NHL promotion for Marincin, a big defenseman who was taken in the second round (46th overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft. Lander might be the most interesting call-up of the three, however, as he is the Barons’ second-leading scorer with 15 points in 18 games.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 53
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)