Dec 4, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
After Tuesday’s aggravating 6-2 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, the Edmonton Oilers tweaked their lineup on Wednesday. Ilya Bryzgalov was placed on the IR with his concussion-or-whiplash issues, making room for some swaps between the big club and the AHL’s Oklahoma City Barons.
Demoted: Defenseman Denis Grebeshkov and forward Will Acton.
Oilers Nation points out that Oilers GM Craig MacTavish was able to soak in a pair of Barons games this past weekend thanks to an Oilers road game in Dallas, which might have contributed to these roster moves.
This is the first NHL promotion for Marincin, a big defenseman who was taken in the second round (46th overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft. Lander might be the most interesting call-up of the three, however, as he is the Barons’ second-leading scorer with 15 points in 18 games.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17