Dec 4, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
After Tuesday’s aggravating 6-2 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, the Edmonton Oilers tweaked their lineup on Wednesday. Ilya Bryzgalov was placed on the IR with his concussion-or-whiplash issues, making room for some swaps between the big club and the AHL’s Oklahoma City Barons.
Demoted: Defenseman Denis Grebeshkov and forward Will Acton.
Oilers Nation points out that Oilers GM Craig MacTavish was able to soak in a pair of Barons games this past weekend thanks to an Oilers road game in Dallas, which might have contributed to these roster moves.
This is the first NHL promotion for Marincin, a big defenseman who was taken in the second round (46th overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft. Lander might be the most interesting call-up of the three, however, as he is the Barons’ second-leading scorer with 15 points in 18 games.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5