Dec 4, 2013, 12:24 PM EST
Two players with NHL experience headline Team USA’s training camp roster for the 2014 World Junior Hockey Championships.
Washington defenseman Connor Carrick — who made his NHL debut this season — and New Jersey forward Stefan Matteau, who appeared in 17 games for the Devils last season, are two of the 26 players who will participate in USA Hockey’s training camp from Dec. 15-18 at the University of Minnesota.
Other invitees include:
— Ryan Hartman, Chicago’s first-round pick (30th overall) at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
— Henrik Samuelsson, Phoenix’s first-round pick (27th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
— Brady Skjei, New York Rangers’ first-round pick (12th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Don Lucia will coach Team USA at the ’14 Worlds, and is part of the selection group along with general manager Jim Johannson and former Atlanta Thrashers GM Don Waddell, serving as an international consultant.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)