Dec 4, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
From the Toronto Star:
The Maple Leafs injury woes — already bad — may have gotten worse with star winger Phil Kessel leaving practice early Wednesday, raising fears he might not be able to play Thursday against Dallas.
Kessel told coach Randy Carlyle he wasn’t feeling right, that he tweaked something, and left for the Leafs dressing room in a rush and apparently frustrated.
Apparently Kessel told Carlyle he “didn’t feel good in one area of his body,” though it’s not clear what area of the body he was talking about.
Even if Kessel is good to go versus the Stars — according to TSN’s Darren Dreger, he’s “believed to be fine” — the Leafs may still be missing a player on their first line. Tyler Bozak was hurt last night versus San Jose and is questionable for Thursday as the club awaits the results of an MRI.
Toronto is winless in five, and as we wrote yesterday, faces an extremely tough schedule in the first two weeks of December.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)