Dec 4, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
From the Toronto Star:
The Maple Leafs injury woes — already bad — may have gotten worse with star winger Phil Kessel leaving practice early Wednesday, raising fears he might not be able to play Thursday against Dallas.
Kessel told coach Randy Carlyle he wasn’t feeling right, that he tweaked something, and left for the Leafs dressing room in a rush and apparently frustrated.
Apparently Kessel told Carlyle he “didn’t feel good in one area of his body,” though it’s not clear what area of the body he was talking about.
Even if Kessel is good to go versus the Stars — according to TSN’s Darren Dreger, he’s “believed to be fine” — the Leafs may still be missing a player on their first line. Tyler Bozak was hurt last night versus San Jose and is questionable for Thursday as the club awaits the results of an MRI.
Toronto is winless in five, and as we wrote yesterday, faces an extremely tough schedule in the first two weeks of December.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 1
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)