Dec 4, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
From the Toronto Star:
The Maple Leafs injury woes — already bad — may have gotten worse with star winger Phil Kessel leaving practice early Wednesday, raising fears he might not be able to play Thursday against Dallas.
Kessel told coach Randy Carlyle he wasn’t feeling right, that he tweaked something, and left for the Leafs dressing room in a rush and apparently frustrated.
Apparently Kessel told Carlyle he “didn’t feel good in one area of his body,” though it’s not clear what area of the body he was talking about.
Even if Kessel is good to go versus the Stars — according to TSN’s Darren Dreger, he’s “believed to be fine” — the Leafs may still be missing a player on their first line. Tyler Bozak was hurt last night versus San Jose and is questionable for Thursday as the club awaits the results of an MRI.
Toronto is winless in five, and as we wrote yesterday, faces an extremely tough schedule in the first two weeks of December.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 6
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 53
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (53)