Dec 4, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
From the Toronto Star:
The Maple Leafs injury woes — already bad — may have gotten worse with star winger Phil Kessel leaving practice early Wednesday, raising fears he might not be able to play Thursday against Dallas.
Kessel told coach Randy Carlyle he wasn’t feeling right, that he tweaked something, and left for the Leafs dressing room in a rush and apparently frustrated.
Apparently Kessel told Carlyle he “didn’t feel good in one area of his body,” though it’s not clear what area of the body he was talking about.
Even if Kessel is good to go versus the Stars — according to TSN’s Darren Dreger, he’s “believed to be fine” — the Leafs may still be missing a player on their first line. Tyler Bozak was hurt last night versus San Jose and is questionable for Thursday as the club awaits the results of an MRI.
Toronto is winless in five, and as we wrote yesterday, faces an extremely tough schedule in the first two weeks of December.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34