Dec 4, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
The numbers were against the Philadelphia Flyers as they entered the third period down 3-2 against the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday, but they stormed back to win 6-3. To Sean Couturier, it was all about confidence, something he relayed to the assembled media including the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi.
“It’s good for our confidence, and that’s why we won tonight,” Couturier said. “We’re starting to believe in ourselves.”
More specifically, Couturier might have more belief in himself.
The 20-year-old collected a career-high four points tonight (two goals, two assists) as the first-rounder seems to be finding his offensive groove on what’s becoming a formidable second line with Matt Read and Steve Downie. NHL Network’s Matt Sitkoff points out that the trio has generated a whopping 27 points in the last 10 games.
The Flyers now find themselves with 28 points (13-13-3), which leaves them just outside the sickly East’s top eight (the New York Rangers get the tie-breaker because they have more wins).
If their recent work is any indication, Philly might be tougher – or at least more confident – than its overall record implies.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)