Dec 4, 2013, 12:46 AM EDT
“You look at every one of their goals and we lost a battle,” Eberle said. “That [blanks] you off. We have to find a way to win battles.”
(It looks like Eberle was losing a battle in this post’s main image, by the way.)
Taylor Hall remarked that the Oilers “unraveled” in the third.
Some might call it “winning battles,” but head coach Dallas Eakins seems to believe it was more about shoddy defensive play.
“That’s about as bad as I’ve seen three or four of our defensemen play, and it cost us,” Eakins said.
It almost sounds like a losing battle.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)