Dec 4, 2013, 12:46 AM EDT
“You look at every one of their goals and we lost a battle,” Eberle said. “That [blanks] you off. We have to find a way to win battles.”
(It looks like Eberle was losing a battle in this post’s main image, by the way.)
Taylor Hall remarked that the Oilers “unraveled” in the third.
Some might call it “winning battles,” but head coach Dallas Eakins seems to believe it was more about shoddy defensive play.
“That’s about as bad as I’ve seen three or four of our defensemen play, and it cost us,” Eakins said.
It almost sounds like a losing battle.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)