Dec 4, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings brought a battered squad to NBCSN’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers (currently in progress), but there might be some light at the end of the tunnel. NHL.com reports that Pavel Datsyuk (concussion) and Danny DeKeyser (shoulder) participated in the team’s morning skate on Wednesday.
Datsyuk, 35, is missing his fifth consecutive game with those concussion symptoms, yet he seems optimistic about improved health … although he’s not going to rush back with a head injury.
“With head, yeah [I feel close], but I’m not doing it in one week,” Datsyuk said. “[I’m] trying to be safe … need to come back in shape.”
DeKeyser, 23, may face a larger window of recovery as he recovers from his shoulder injury; it’s possible that he may not play again until the 2014 Winter Classic on Jan. 1. Still, he was also positive about his range of motion while passing the puck.
“I’ve got a lot of range of motion right now and it seems to be getting a little bit stronger every day, and I’m just trying to rehab it and get stronger as fast as I can,” DeKeyser said. “I just started to pass the puck. I can’t really shoot it quite yet so that just will kind of come over time with strength. We’ll see. It seems like it’s healing up well.”
With worrisome news for other staples such as Henrik Zetterberg (back), it’s nice for Detroit to have a positive side to look on. Even if they’ll need to be patient.
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 0
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal 1
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 27
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19