Dec 4, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings brought a battered squad to NBCSN’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers (currently in progress), but there might be some light at the end of the tunnel. NHL.com reports that Pavel Datsyuk (concussion) and Danny DeKeyser (shoulder) participated in the team’s morning skate on Wednesday.
Datsyuk, 35, is missing his fifth consecutive game with those concussion symptoms, yet he seems optimistic about improved health … although he’s not going to rush back with a head injury.
“With head, yeah [I feel close], but I’m not doing it in one week,” Datsyuk said. “[I’m] trying to be safe … need to come back in shape.”
DeKeyser, 23, may face a larger window of recovery as he recovers from his shoulder injury; it’s possible that he may not play again until the 2014 Winter Classic on Jan. 1. Still, he was also positive about his range of motion while passing the puck.
“I’ve got a lot of range of motion right now and it seems to be getting a little bit stronger every day, and I’m just trying to rehab it and get stronger as fast as I can,” DeKeyser said. “I just started to pass the puck. I can’t really shoot it quite yet so that just will kind of come over time with strength. We’ll see. It seems like it’s healing up well.”
With worrisome news for other staples such as Henrik Zetterberg (back), it’s nice for Detroit to have a positive side to look on. Even if they’ll need to be patient.
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Eastern Conference Final Game 6 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 26
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)