Dec 4, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings brought a battered squad to NBCSN’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers (currently in progress), but there might be some light at the end of the tunnel. NHL.com reports that Pavel Datsyuk (concussion) and Danny DeKeyser (shoulder) participated in the team’s morning skate on Wednesday.
Datsyuk, 35, is missing his fifth consecutive game with those concussion symptoms, yet he seems optimistic about improved health … although he’s not going to rush back with a head injury.
“With head, yeah [I feel close], but I’m not doing it in one week,” Datsyuk said. “[I'm] trying to be safe … need to come back in shape.”
DeKeyser, 23, may face a larger window of recovery as he recovers from his shoulder injury; it’s possible that he may not play again until the 2014 Winter Classic on Jan. 1. Still, he was also positive about his range of motion while passing the puck.
“I’ve got a lot of range of motion right now and it seems to be getting a little bit stronger every day, and I’m just trying to rehab it and get stronger as fast as I can,” DeKeyser said. “I just started to pass the puck. I can’t really shoot it quite yet so that just will kind of come over time with strength. We’ll see. It seems like it’s healing up well.”
With worrisome news for other staples such as Henrik Zetterberg (back), it’s nice for Detroit to have a positive side to look on. Even if they’ll need to be patient.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)