Dec 4, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Fresh off one of their most successful Circus Trips ever, the Blackhawks made some roster moves.
Demoting Pirri is the most notable move (Kostka, who has been injured, is going down on a conditioning stint). The 22-year-old notched 11 points through 24 games but has struggled lately — he failed to score a single point on the seven-game Circus Trip and had a rough time in Tuesday’s 4-3 loss to Dallas, losing 11 of 14 faceoffs.
Morin has been up and down a few times this season. A quality AHL scorer — he had 30 goals in 67 games last year — he’s already notched three assists in nine games for the ‘Hawks this season.
Nordstrom, who made the team out of training camp, appeared in eight games to start the year before being dispatched to Rockford, where he’s scored five goals in 15 games.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)