Dec 4, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
Fresh off one of their most successful Circus Trips ever, the Blackhawks made some roster moves.
Demoting Pirri is the most notable move (Kostka, who has been injured, is going down on a conditioning stint). The 22-year-old notched 11 points through 24 games but has struggled lately — he failed to score a single point on the seven-game Circus Trip and had a rough time in Tuesday’s 4-3 loss to Dallas, losing 11 of 14 faceoffs.
Morin has been up and down a few times this season. A quality AHL scorer — he had 30 goals in 67 games last year — he’s already notched three assists in nine games for the ‘Hawks this season.
Nordstrom, who made the team out of training camp, appeared in eight games to start the year before being dispatched to Rockford, where he’s scored five goals in 15 games.
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 1
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 2
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 10
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 27
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3