Dec 4, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Fresh off one of their most successful Circus Trips ever, the Blackhawks made some roster moves.
Demoting Pirri is the most notable move (Kostka, who has been injured, is going down on a conditioning stint). The 22-year-old notched 11 points through 24 games but has struggled lately — he failed to score a single point on the seven-game Circus Trip and had a rough time in Tuesday’s 4-3 loss to Dallas, losing 11 of 14 faceoffs.
Morin has been up and down a few times this season. A quality AHL scorer — he had 30 goals in 67 games last year — he’s already notched three assists in nine games for the ‘Hawks this season.
Nordstrom, who made the team out of training camp, appeared in eight games to start the year before being dispatched to Rockford, where he’s scored five goals in 15 games.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 4
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 31
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)