Dec 4, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Fresh off one of their most successful Circus Trips ever, the Blackhawks made some roster moves.
Demoting Pirri is the most notable move (Kostka, who has been injured, is going down on a conditioning stint). The 22-year-old notched 11 points through 24 games but has struggled lately — he failed to score a single point on the seven-game Circus Trip and had a rough time in Tuesday’s 4-3 loss to Dallas, losing 11 of 14 faceoffs.
Morin has been up and down a few times this season. A quality AHL scorer — he had 30 goals in 67 games last year — he’s already notched three assists in nine games for the ‘Hawks this season.
Nordstrom, who made the team out of training camp, appeared in eight games to start the year before being dispatched to Rockford, where he’s scored five goals in 15 games.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39