Dec 4, 2013, 1:25 PM EDT
Tampa defenseman Eric Brewer was a late scratch from Tuesday’s 1-0 loss to Columbus, and it appears his ailment could keep him out for more than just one game.
“He tweaked something, so we’ll see,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper told the Tampa Tribune.
When asked if there was concern about Brewer missing more than just the Jackets game, Cooper replied “yes, there’s lots of concern.”
Brewer, 34, had appeared in every game for Tampa Bay prior to last night, notching five assists while averaging 16:25 TOI per game.
While his minutes have decreased notably since last season — he averaged 20:31 during the lockout-shortened campaign — Brewer remains a veteran leader on the team and is one of the few Lightning players to have served as a NHL captain (he wore the “C” in St. Louis for three seasons.)
The Lightning said Brewer will be reevaluated prior to Thursday’s game against Ottawa. Should he be unable to go, Brewer would join a huge list of injured Bolts players, one that includes Radko Gudas (upper body), Ryan Malone (fractured ankle), Steven Stamkos (broken leg), Tom Pyatt (broken collarbone) and Pierre-Cedric Labrie (arm).
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)