Dec 4, 2013, 1:25 PM EDT
Tampa defenseman Eric Brewer was a late scratch from Tuesday’s 1-0 loss to Columbus, and it appears his ailment could keep him out for more than just one game.
“He tweaked something, so we’ll see,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper told the Tampa Tribune.
When asked if there was concern about Brewer missing more than just the Jackets game, Cooper replied “yes, there’s lots of concern.”
Brewer, 34, had appeared in every game for Tampa Bay prior to last night, notching five assists while averaging 16:25 TOI per game.
While his minutes have decreased notably since last season — he averaged 20:31 during the lockout-shortened campaign — Brewer remains a veteran leader on the team and is one of the few Lightning players to have served as a NHL captain (he wore the “C” in St. Louis for three seasons.)
The Lightning said Brewer will be reevaluated prior to Thursday’s game against Ottawa. Should he be unable to go, Brewer would join a huge list of injured Bolts players, one that includes Radko Gudas (upper body), Ryan Malone (fractured ankle), Steven Stamkos (broken leg), Tom Pyatt (broken collarbone) and Pierre-Cedric Labrie (arm).
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)