Dec 4, 2013, 1:25 PM EDT
Tampa defenseman Eric Brewer was a late scratch from Tuesday’s 1-0 loss to Columbus, and it appears his ailment could keep him out for more than just one game.
“He tweaked something, so we’ll see,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper told the Tampa Tribune.
When asked if there was concern about Brewer missing more than just the Jackets game, Cooper replied “yes, there’s lots of concern.”
Brewer, 34, had appeared in every game for Tampa Bay prior to last night, notching five assists while averaging 16:25 TOI per game.
While his minutes have decreased notably since last season — he averaged 20:31 during the lockout-shortened campaign — Brewer remains a veteran leader on the team and is one of the few Lightning players to have served as a NHL captain (he wore the “C” in St. Louis for three seasons.)
The Lightning said Brewer will be reevaluated prior to Thursday’s game against Ottawa. Should he be unable to go, Brewer would join a huge list of injured Bolts players, one that includes Radko Gudas (upper body), Ryan Malone (fractured ankle), Steven Stamkos (broken leg), Tom Pyatt (broken collarbone) and Pierre-Cedric Labrie (arm).
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)