Dec 4, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
Mark Giordano will make his return from a broken ankle on Wednesday when the Flames take on the Coyotes in Calgary.
Giordano, 30, suffered the injury during the second period of a 3-2 win over L.A. on Oct. 21 — a game in which he logged a season-high 28:32 — and has been out ever since, missing Calgary’s last 18 games.
Named captain prior to this season, Giordano enjoyed an outstanding start by scoring nine points in his first eight games while averaging a whopping 25:03 TOI.
The eight-year veteran has spent his entire career with the Flames and will be a welcome addition to the lineup, especially with the Flames looking to build on Saturday’s 2-1 over the Kings in Los Angeles.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 51
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)