Dec 4, 2013, 1:10 PM EDT
Mark Giordano will make his return from a broken ankle on Wednesday when the Flames take on the Coyotes in Calgary.
Giordano, 30, suffered the injury during the second period of a 3-2 win over L.A. on Oct. 21 — a game in which he logged a season-high 28:32 — and has been out ever since, missing Calgary’s last 18 games.
Named captain prior to this season, Giordano enjoyed an outstanding start by scoring nine points in his first eight games while averaging a whopping 25:03 TOI.
The eight-year veteran has spent his entire career with the Flames and will be a welcome addition to the lineup, especially with the Flames looking to build on Saturday’s 2-1 over the Kings in Los Angeles.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7