Dec 4, 2013, 1:10 PM EST
Mark Giordano will make his return from a broken ankle on Wednesday when the Flames take on the Coyotes in Calgary.
Giordano, 30, suffered the injury during the second period of a 3-2 win over L.A. on Oct. 21 — a game in which he logged a season-high 28:32 — and has been out ever since, missing Calgary’s last 18 games.
Named captain prior to this season, Giordano enjoyed an outstanding start by scoring nine points in his first eight games while averaging a whopping 25:03 TOI.
The eight-year veteran has spent his entire career with the Flames and will be a welcome addition to the lineup, especially with the Flames looking to build on Saturday’s 2-1 over the Kings in Los Angeles.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 5
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 9
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)