Dec 4, 2013, 1:10 PM EST
Mark Giordano will make his return from a broken ankle on Wednesday when the Flames take on the Coyotes in Calgary.
Giordano, 30, suffered the injury during the second period of a 3-2 win over L.A. on Oct. 21 — a game in which he logged a season-high 28:32 — and has been out ever since, missing Calgary’s last 18 games.
Named captain prior to this season, Giordano enjoyed an outstanding start by scoring nine points in his first eight games while averaging a whopping 25:03 TOI.
The eight-year veteran has spent his entire career with the Flames and will be a welcome addition to the lineup, especially with the Flames looking to build on Saturday’s 2-1 over the Kings in Los Angeles.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)