Dec 3, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
The LA Kings signed Jeff Schultz this summer for defensive depth purposes and now, the move is paying off.
Regehr briefly left the Blues game at the end of the first period, but finished with 16:26 TOI and is “ready to go” for tonight’s game against Anaheim, according to Darryl Sutter. As such, it’s unlikely Schultz will get into the lineup, but could stick around for a while as the club was down to just six healthy defensemen prior to the recall.
In order to clear room for Schultz, the Kings sent Tanner Pearson down to the Monarchs.
As for Schultz… the 27-year-old was bought out of his four-year, $11 million deal (one year, $3 million in salary remaining) with Washington in July after requesting a trade — to which the Caps found no takers.
He averaged career-low 14:15 in ice time during the 2013 season and became increasingly frustrated with his role on the team. Following his buyout, Schultz signed a one-year, $700,000 deal with L.A.
He has yet to make his Kings debut.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 13
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 26
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 48
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (48)