Dec 3, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
The LA Kings signed Jeff Schultz this summer for defensive depth purposes and now, the move is paying off.
Regehr briefly left the Blues game at the end of the first period, but finished with 16:26 TOI and is “ready to go” for tonight’s game against Anaheim, according to Darryl Sutter. As such, it’s unlikely Schultz will get into the lineup, but could stick around for a while as the club was down to just six healthy defensemen prior to the recall.
In order to clear room for Schultz, the Kings sent Tanner Pearson down to the Monarchs.
As for Schultz… the 27-year-old was bought out of his four-year, $11 million deal (one year, $3 million in salary remaining) with Washington in July after requesting a trade — to which the Caps found no takers.
He averaged career-low 14:15 in ice time during the 2013 season and became increasingly frustrated with his role on the team. Following his buyout, Schultz signed a one-year, $700,000 deal with L.A.
He has yet to make his Kings debut.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)