Dec 3, 2013, 1:06 AM EDT
Josh Harding continued his fine form for the Minnesota Wild on Monday.
The Wild’s goalie made 21 saves in a 2-0 shutout win over the Philadelphia Flyers; the clean sheet is his third of the season. But it was a save off Flyers winger Jakub Voracek in the third period not long after the Wild had taken a quick two-goal lead.
Voracek looked to have an open net on a Wayne Simmonds centering pass, but, diving to his left, Harding was able to make the remarkable stop to help preserve the win for Minnesota.
The win gives Harding a 14-4-3 record.
“Josh has really allowed us to be where we’re at right now. If it wasn’t for him, we’d be in a lot of trouble,” said Wild head coach Mike Yeo, as per Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7