Dec 3, 2013, 1:06 AM EDT
Josh Harding continued his fine form for the Minnesota Wild on Monday.
The Wild’s goalie made 21 saves in a 2-0 shutout win over the Philadelphia Flyers; the clean sheet is his third of the season. But it was a save off Flyers winger Jakub Voracek in the third period not long after the Wild had taken a quick two-goal lead.
Voracek looked to have an open net on a Wayne Simmonds centering pass, but, diving to his left, Harding was able to make the remarkable stop to help preserve the win for Minnesota.
The win gives Harding a 14-4-3 record.
“Josh has really allowed us to be where we’re at right now. If it wasn’t for him, we’d be in a lot of trouble,” said Wild head coach Mike Yeo, as per Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55