Dec 3, 2013, 1:06 AM EST
Josh Harding continued his fine form for the Minnesota Wild on Monday.
The Wild’s goalie made 21 saves in a 2-0 shutout win over the Philadelphia Flyers; the clean sheet is his third of the season. But it was a save off Flyers winger Jakub Voracek in the third period not long after the Wild had taken a quick two-goal lead.
Voracek looked to have an open net on a Wayne Simmonds centering pass, but, diving to his left, Harding was able to make the remarkable stop to help preserve the win for Minnesota.
The win gives Harding a 14-4-3 record.
“Josh has really allowed us to be where we’re at right now. If it wasn’t for him, we’d be in a lot of trouble,” said Wild head coach Mike Yeo, as per Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)