Dec 3, 2013, 1:06 AM EDT
Josh Harding continued his fine form for the Minnesota Wild on Monday.
The Wild’s goalie made 21 saves in a 2-0 shutout win over the Philadelphia Flyers; the clean sheet is his third of the season. But it was a save off Flyers winger Jakub Voracek in the third period not long after the Wild had taken a quick two-goal lead.
Voracek looked to have an open net on a Wayne Simmonds centering pass, but, diving to his left, Harding was able to make the remarkable stop to help preserve the win for Minnesota.
The win gives Harding a 14-4-3 record.
“Josh has really allowed us to be where we’re at right now. If it wasn’t for him, we’d be in a lot of trouble,” said Wild head coach Mike Yeo, as per Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 0
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 8
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)