Dec 3, 2013, 1:06 AM EDT
Josh Harding continued his fine form for the Minnesota Wild on Monday.
The Wild’s goalie made 21 saves in a 2-0 shutout win over the Philadelphia Flyers; the clean sheet is his third of the season. But it was a save off Flyers winger Jakub Voracek in the third period not long after the Wild had taken a quick two-goal lead.
Voracek looked to have an open net on a Wayne Simmonds centering pass, but, diving to his left, Harding was able to make the remarkable stop to help preserve the win for Minnesota.
The win gives Harding a 14-4-3 record.
“Josh has really allowed us to be where we’re at right now. If it wasn’t for him, we’d be in a lot of trouble,” said Wild head coach Mike Yeo, as per Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 30
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)