Dec 3, 2013, 9:39 PM EDT
If the spin-o-rama was the trendy and flashy goal that delighted some and infuriated others last season, then the early nominee for that honor in 2013-14 is the between-the-leagues number.
Tomas Hertl‘s delightful/polarizing bit of style will own the highlights, but Nick Foligno added his own contribution. Grumpy folks might be pleased to hear that it was a key goal, too, as it was the deciding marker in the Columbus Blue Jackets’ 1-0 win against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday:
Perhaps that will take some of the sting away from Sergei Bobrovsky‘s injury?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5