Dec 3, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
Add another name to Pat LaFontaine’s shortlist for a new GM in Buffalo.
On Tuesday, the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch confirmed the Sabres had received permission to interview Tim Murray — assistant and nephew of Senators GM Bryan Murray — for their vacant general manager’s gig.
Murray, 50, is a veteran hockey man that worked with the Panthers, Ducks and Rangers before joining the Ottawa organization in 2007. During his time with the Sens he’s primarily been in charge of the club’s farm team with AHL Binghamton (the B-Sens captured the Calder Cup in 2011) and has worked extensively on a number of Ottawa’s key drafts in recent years.
Other candidates linked to the Buffalo job include current Pens assistant GM Jason Botterill and Bruins assistant GM Jim Benning. Former Sabres GM Rick Dudley, thought to be on LaFontaine’s shortlist, recently re-upped as the assistant general manager in Montreal.
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 1
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 6
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)