Dec 3, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
The Flyers may have lost last night in Minnesota, but things have gotten decidedly better since they started the season 4-10-1.
Philadelphia is now 12-13-2, just two points back of the Rangers for third place in the Atlantic Division.
So…should Flyers fans be enthused that their team is right back in the thick of the playoff race, or should they still be pretty worried at some of the things they’re seeing?
Also, if there’s one team currently occupying a playoff spot in the East that the Flyers could replace by the end of the regular season, which team is it?
Our answers below:
And don’t forget, the Flyers will take on the Red Wings tomorrow on NBCSN, starting at 8 p.m. ET, live from Joe Louis Arena.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 3
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1