Dec 3, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
The Flyers may have lost last night in Minnesota, but things have gotten decidedly better since they started the season 4-10-1.
Philadelphia is now 12-13-2, just two points back of the Rangers for third place in the Atlantic Division.
So…should Flyers fans be enthused that their team is right back in the thick of the playoff race, or should they still be pretty worried at some of the things they’re seeing?
Also, if there’s one team currently occupying a playoff spot in the East that the Flyers could replace by the end of the regular season, which team is it?
Our answers below:
And don’t forget, the Flyers will take on the Red Wings tomorrow on NBCSN, starting at 8 p.m. ET, live from Joe Louis Arena.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)