Dec 3, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
The Flyers may have lost last night in Minnesota, but things have gotten decidedly better since they started the season 4-10-1.
Philadelphia is now 12-13-2, just two points back of the Rangers for third place in the Atlantic Division.
So…should Flyers fans be enthused that their team is right back in the thick of the playoff race, or should they still be pretty worried at some of the things they’re seeing?
Also, if there’s one team currently occupying a playoff spot in the East that the Flyers could replace by the end of the regular season, which team is it?
Our answers below:
And don’t forget, the Flyers will take on the Red Wings tomorrow on NBCSN, starting at 8 p.m. ET, live from Joe Louis Arena.
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 13
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14