Dec 3, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers aren’t even sure if Ilya Bryzgalov is suffering from a concussion or whiplash thanks to Sunday’s collision, so head coach Dallas Eakins gave the Edmonton Sun a vague possible window for his return:
“It might be two days, it might be two years, take your pick,” Eakins said. “He took a wicked blow when (Ryan) Garbutt was driving the net. It’s something that unfortunately happens when guys are trying to score goals.”
The Oilers face the Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday and then the Colorado Avalanche two days from now on Thursday. There’s no telling if Bryzgalov will suit up.
It’s already been a dramatic beginning for the 33-year-old. He stopped 12 out of 13 shots in relief of Devan Dubnyk on Nov. 25, shut out the Nashville Predators in his first start, was pulled the next day after allowing four goals in two periods against Columbus and then experienced highs (keeping Edmonton in the game against Dallas) and lows (the Garbutt collision) versus the Stars on Sunday.
Also of interest: Dubnyk still believes he’s the No. 1 guy, too.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (145)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)