Dec 3, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers aren’t even sure if Ilya Bryzgalov is suffering from a concussion or whiplash thanks to Sunday’s collision, so head coach Dallas Eakins gave the Edmonton Sun a vague possible window for his return:
“It might be two days, it might be two years, take your pick,” Eakins said. “He took a wicked blow when (Ryan) Garbutt was driving the net. It’s something that unfortunately happens when guys are trying to score goals.”
The Oilers face the Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday and then the Colorado Avalanche two days from now on Thursday. There’s no telling if Bryzgalov will suit up.
It’s already been a dramatic beginning for the 33-year-old. He stopped 12 out of 13 shots in relief of Devan Dubnyk on Nov. 25, shut out the Nashville Predators in his first start, was pulled the next day after allowing four goals in two periods against Columbus and then experienced highs (keeping Edmonton in the game against Dallas) and lows (the Garbutt collision) versus the Stars on Sunday.
Also of interest: Dubnyk still believes he’s the No. 1 guy, too.
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiation’s’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 11
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)