Dec 3, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers aren’t even sure if Ilya Bryzgalov is suffering from a concussion or whiplash thanks to Sunday’s collision, so head coach Dallas Eakins gave the Edmonton Sun a vague possible window for his return:
“It might be two days, it might be two years, take your pick,” Eakins said. “He took a wicked blow when (Ryan) Garbutt was driving the net. It’s something that unfortunately happens when guys are trying to score goals.”
The Oilers face the Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday and then the Colorado Avalanche two days from now on Thursday. There’s no telling if Bryzgalov will suit up.
It’s already been a dramatic beginning for the 33-year-old. He stopped 12 out of 13 shots in relief of Devan Dubnyk on Nov. 25, shut out the Nashville Predators in his first start, was pulled the next day after allowing four goals in two periods against Columbus and then experienced highs (keeping Edmonton in the game against Dallas) and lows (the Garbutt collision) versus the Stars on Sunday.
Also of interest: Dubnyk still believes he’s the No. 1 guy, too.
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 0
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 34
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)