Dec 3, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Dallas is looking for its first win in three tries against Chicago tonight, but won’t have its leading goalscorer to help the cause.
Tyler Seguin, out with concussion-like symptoms since the last time the two sides met — a 2-1 shootout win by Chicago on Friday — will miss his second straight game when the Stars take on the ‘Hawks at the United Center on Tuesday.
Seguin will skate with the team on Wednesday in advance of Thursday’s in Toronto, head coach Lindy Ruff told the Dallas Morning News. The Stars are coming off a deflating 3-2 shootout loss to Edmonton in what was Seguin’s first missed game of the year on Sunday, and now face a tall order in trying to beat a Chicago team that’s outscored Dallas 7-3 in two contests this season.
Ray Whitney will likely skate with Dustin Jeffrey and Rich Peverley, while Erik Cole should go with Shawn Horcoff and rookie Valeri Nichushkin. The fourth line will be Vern Fiddler between Antoine Roussel and Ryan Garbutt.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 5
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 43
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 18
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13