Dec 3, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Dallas is looking for its first win in three tries against Chicago tonight, but won’t have its leading goalscorer to help the cause.
Tyler Seguin, out with concussion-like symptoms since the last time the two sides met — a 2-1 shootout win by Chicago on Friday — will miss his second straight game when the Stars take on the ‘Hawks at the United Center on Tuesday.
Seguin will skate with the team on Wednesday in advance of Thursday’s in Toronto, head coach Lindy Ruff told the Dallas Morning News. The Stars are coming off a deflating 3-2 shootout loss to Edmonton in what was Seguin’s first missed game of the year on Sunday, and now face a tall order in trying to beat a Chicago team that’s outscored Dallas 7-3 in two contests this season.
Ray Whitney will likely skate with Dustin Jeffrey and Rich Peverley, while Erik Cole should go with Shawn Horcoff and rookie Valeri Nichushkin. The fourth line will be Vern Fiddler between Antoine Roussel and Ryan Garbutt.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 7
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)