Dec 3, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Dallas is looking for its first win in three tries against Chicago tonight, but won’t have its leading goalscorer to help the cause.
Tyler Seguin, out with concussion-like symptoms since the last time the two sides met — a 2-1 shootout win by Chicago on Friday — will miss his second straight game when the Stars take on the ‘Hawks at the United Center on Tuesday.
Seguin will skate with the team on Wednesday in advance of Thursday’s in Toronto, head coach Lindy Ruff told the Dallas Morning News. The Stars are coming off a deflating 3-2 shootout loss to Edmonton in what was Seguin’s first missed game of the year on Sunday, and now face a tall order in trying to beat a Chicago team that’s outscored Dallas 7-3 in two contests this season.
Ray Whitney will likely skate with Dustin Jeffrey and Rich Peverley, while Erik Cole should go with Shawn Horcoff and rookie Valeri Nichushkin. The fourth line will be Vern Fiddler between Antoine Roussel and Ryan Garbutt.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 25
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)