Dec 3, 2013, 6:47 PM EDT
PHT’s own Joe Yerdon pointed out that the 26-year-old at least had a shot to play today, as he was getting treatment earlier this morning and was considered a game-time decision. Apparently he wasn’t good enough to go, then.
Franson has 13 assists in 26 games so far this season. The Leafs have lost four games in a row, with frustration building, so even losing a mid-level defenseman hurts.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5