Dec 3, 2013, 6:47 PM EST
PHT’s own Joe Yerdon pointed out that the 26-year-old at least had a shot to play today, as he was getting treatment earlier this morning and was considered a game-time decision. Apparently he wasn’t good enough to go, then.
Franson has 13 assists in 26 games so far this season. The Leafs have lost four games in a row, with frustration building, so even losing a mid-level defenseman hurts.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 47
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11