Dec 3, 2013, 11:16 AM EST
Yesterday, after the surprising news broke that Peter Luukko had resigned as president of Comcast-Spectator (the parent company of the Philadelphia Flyers), we thought there might be to the story than just a 54-year-old executive going to “pursue other entrepreneurial interests.”
Turns out we were totally right. Luukko, indeed, has big plans.
“I’m going to clean out my garage,” he told CSN Philly.
And after he’s done with that?
From CSN Philly:
Luukko said, contrary to rumors, he has “nothing” in line for the future.
“That’s the good thing because I need to really clear my head and think about that next decision on what is the next, good thing to do,” he said. “I love operating and rolling up my sleeves and getting my hands dirty. I’m looking forward to a single focus at some point.”
Asked about speculation he might get into broadcast management in hockey or expansion teams, or some other off-shoot of the sport, he replied, “It could be all the above but right now, I’ve got nothing.”
Here’s Flyers owner Ed Snider talking about Luukko’s resignation and wishing his former right-hand man well:
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)