Dec 3, 2013, 11:16 AM EST
Yesterday, after the surprising news broke that Peter Luukko had resigned as president of Comcast-Spectator (the parent company of the Philadelphia Flyers), we thought there might be to the story than just a 54-year-old executive going to “pursue other entrepreneurial interests.”
Turns out we were totally right. Luukko, indeed, has big plans.
“I’m going to clean out my garage,” he told CSN Philly.
And after he’s done with that?
From CSN Philly:
Luukko said, contrary to rumors, he has “nothing” in line for the future.
“That’s the good thing because I need to really clear my head and think about that next decision on what is the next, good thing to do,” he said. “I love operating and rolling up my sleeves and getting my hands dirty. I’m looking forward to a single focus at some point.”
Asked about speculation he might get into broadcast management in hockey or expansion teams, or some other off-shoot of the sport, he replied, “It could be all the above but right now, I’ve got nothing.”
Here’s Flyers owner Ed Snider talking about Luukko’s resignation and wishing his former right-hand man well:
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)