Dec 3, 2013, 11:16 AM EST
Yesterday, after the surprising news broke that Peter Luukko had resigned as president of Comcast-Spectator (the parent company of the Philadelphia Flyers), we thought there might be to the story than just a 54-year-old executive going to “pursue other entrepreneurial interests.”
Turns out we were totally right. Luukko, indeed, has big plans.
“I’m going to clean out my garage,” he told CSN Philly.
And after he’s done with that?
From CSN Philly:
Luukko said, contrary to rumors, he has “nothing” in line for the future.
“That’s the good thing because I need to really clear my head and think about that next decision on what is the next, good thing to do,” he said. “I love operating and rolling up my sleeves and getting my hands dirty. I’m looking forward to a single focus at some point.”
Asked about speculation he might get into broadcast management in hockey or expansion teams, or some other off-shoot of the sport, he replied, “It could be all the above but right now, I’ve got nothing.”
Here’s Flyers owner Ed Snider talking about Luukko’s resignation and wishing his former right-hand man well:
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)