Dec 3, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
Yesterday, after the surprising news broke that Peter Luukko had resigned as president of Comcast-Spectator (the parent company of the Philadelphia Flyers), we thought there might be to the story than just a 54-year-old executive going to “pursue other entrepreneurial interests.”
Turns out we were totally right. Luukko, indeed, has big plans.
“I’m going to clean out my garage,” he told CSN Philly.
And after he’s done with that?
From CSN Philly:
Luukko said, contrary to rumors, he has “nothing” in line for the future.
“That’s the good thing because I need to really clear my head and think about that next decision on what is the next, good thing to do,” he said. “I love operating and rolling up my sleeves and getting my hands dirty. I’m looking forward to a single focus at some point.”
Asked about speculation he might get into broadcast management in hockey or expansion teams, or some other off-shoot of the sport, he replied, “It could be all the above but right now, I’ve got nothing.”
Here’s Flyers owner Ed Snider talking about Luukko’s resignation and wishing his former right-hand man well:
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)