Dec 3, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning received more bad injury news on Tuesday, as GM Steve Yzerman estimates Ryan Malone will miss three-to-four weeks with a fractured (non-displaced) ankle, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
Malone, 34, suffered the injury when he was hit by a puck in a Nov. 22 game against the Anaheim Ducks.
It’s been that kind of month (or so) for the Lightning, as Malone joins Steve Stamkos (out months) and Radko Gudas (day-to-day) as the most noteworthy injured players (unless you count virtually retired defenseman Mattias Ohlund, too).
Malone isn’t the most reliable scorer – just two points in his last 11 games – but he combines at least the possibility of offensive contributions with a lot of grit in a large frame.
The Lightning have been scratching and clawing with Stamkos & Co. injured. They’ll have to keep doing that with a depleted roster for quite some time.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)