Dec 3, 2013, 10:58 PM EDT
With six straight wins against Dallas, the Chicago Blackhawks probably didn’t view the Stars as potential divisional rivals. Maybe things will remain mostly one-sided, but the animosity might ratchet up after Tuesday.
Roussel was already a marked man on Tuesday after delivering some hits that Chicago didn’t like last week. Now he won’t have many dull moments against Chicago go forward after the way he celebrated this penalty shot goal, which ended up being the game-winner:
The Stars already had one gritty player making waves in Ryan Garbutt; now they have two who won’t be getting Christmas cards from opponents. As the video below shows, Chicago mostly handled Roussel, 24, the right way, actually:
Roussel gets the last laugh, obviously. Well, at least for a week … the Stars host the Blackhawks in Dallas on Dec. 10. The Stars pest might want to buckle his chin strap a little tighter for that game.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54