Dec 3, 2013, 10:58 PM EDT
With six straight wins against Dallas, the Chicago Blackhawks probably didn’t view the Stars as potential divisional rivals. Maybe things will remain mostly one-sided, but the animosity might ratchet up after Tuesday.
Roussel was already a marked man on Tuesday after delivering some hits that Chicago didn’t like last week. Now he won’t have many dull moments against Chicago go forward after the way he celebrated this penalty shot goal, which ended up being the game-winner:
The Stars already had one gritty player making waves in Ryan Garbutt; now they have two who won’t be getting Christmas cards from opponents. As the video below shows, Chicago mostly handled Roussel, 24, the right way, actually:
Roussel gets the last laugh, obviously. Well, at least for a week … the Stars host the Blackhawks in Dallas on Dec. 10. The Stars pest might want to buckle his chin strap a little tighter for that game.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 36
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6