Dec 3, 2013, 10:58 PM EDT
With six straight wins against Dallas, the Chicago Blackhawks probably didn’t view the Stars as potential divisional rivals. Maybe things will remain mostly one-sided, but the animosity might ratchet up after Tuesday.
Roussel was already a marked man on Tuesday after delivering some hits that Chicago didn’t like last week. Now he won’t have many dull moments against Chicago go forward after the way he celebrated this penalty shot goal, which ended up being the game-winner:
The Stars already had one gritty player making waves in Ryan Garbutt; now they have two who won’t be getting Christmas cards from opponents. As the video below shows, Chicago mostly handled Roussel, 24, the right way, actually:
Roussel gets the last laugh, obviously. Well, at least for a week … the Stars host the Blackhawks in Dallas on Dec. 10. The Stars pest might want to buckle his chin strap a little tighter for that game.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5