Dec 3, 2013, 10:58 PM EST
With six straight wins against Dallas, the Chicago Blackhawks probably didn’t view the Stars as potential divisional rivals. Maybe things will remain mostly one-sided, but the animosity might ratchet up after Tuesday.
Roussel was already a marked man on Tuesday after delivering some hits that Chicago didn’t like last week. Now he won’t have many dull moments against Chicago go forward after the way he celebrated this penalty shot goal, which ended up being the game-winner:
The Stars already had one gritty player making waves in Ryan Garbutt; now they have two who won’t be getting Christmas cards from opponents. As the video below shows, Chicago mostly handled Roussel, 24, the right way, actually:
Roussel gets the last laugh, obviously. Well, at least for a week … the Stars host the Blackhawks in Dallas on Dec. 10. The Stars pest might want to buckle his chin strap a little tighter for that game.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2