Dec 3, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Jonathan Bernier‘s concerns about the Maple Leafs’ luck turning might just be founded. Toronto lost its fifth game in a row and six of seven in a 4-2 loss to San Jose; they also lost Tyler Bozak to an upper-body injury, according to TSN’s Jonas Siegel.
The Leafs continue to see significant shot disparities as the Sharks generated a 41-30 advantage on Tuesday. James Reimer generated a respectable performance, but the hard-luck goalie is now 6-4-1 on the season.
It’s easy to get down, yet Mason Raymond (one goal tonight) provided an optimistic outlook to Siegel after the loss.
“We have spurts where we’re good,” Raymond said. “We need to figure out how to put those spurts together into 60 minutes.”
Well, there you go.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54