Dec 3, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
Jonathan Bernier‘s concerns about the Maple Leafs’ luck turning might just be founded. Toronto lost its fifth game in a row and six of seven in a 4-2 loss to San Jose; they also lost Tyler Bozak to an upper-body injury, according to TSN’s Jonas Siegel.
The Leafs continue to see significant shot disparities as the Sharks generated a 41-30 advantage on Tuesday. James Reimer generated a respectable performance, but the hard-luck goalie is now 6-4-1 on the season.
It’s easy to get down, yet Mason Raymond (one goal tonight) provided an optimistic outlook to Siegel after the loss.
“We have spurts where we’re good,” Raymond said. “We need to figure out how to put those spurts together into 60 minutes.”
Well, there you go.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 13
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28