Dec 3, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Jonathan Bernier‘s concerns about the Maple Leafs’ luck turning might just be founded. Toronto lost its fifth game in a row and six of seven in a 4-2 loss to San Jose; they also lost Tyler Bozak to an upper-body injury, according to TSN’s Jonas Siegel.
The Leafs continue to see significant shot disparities as the Sharks generated a 41-30 advantage on Tuesday. James Reimer generated a respectable performance, but the hard-luck goalie is now 6-4-1 on the season.
It’s easy to get down, yet Mason Raymond (one goal tonight) provided an optimistic outlook to Siegel after the loss.
“We have spurts where we’re good,” Raymond said. “We need to figure out how to put those spurts together into 60 minutes.”
Well, there you go.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39