Dec 3, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
All the latest from around the crease…
Isles go with Nilsson again
Desperate to find some answers in net, the Islanders will give Anders Nilsson his second straight start tonight against Pittsburgh.
Nilsson, who on Saturday stopped 27 of 30 shots in a 3-2 OT loss to Washington, will try to build some positive momentum in place of Kevin Poulin, who inherited the No. 1 gig after incumbent starter Evgeni Nabokov went down to injury.
Nilsson is young (23) and has good size — 6-foot-5, 227 pounds — so perhaps he can stake a claim for additional playing time. He’ll be up against Marc-Andre Fleury tonight.
Carolina goes back to Peters
Justin Peters will make his first start since Nov. 21 tonight in Washington.
Peters, 27, filled in admirably while No. 1 goalie Cam Ward was hurt, and put up decent numbers (2.49 GAA, .920 save percentage) despite posting a 4-7-1 record. Peters will be looking for his first road win of the season tonight at Verizona, and will take on Braden Holtby in the Caps goal.
Los Angeles at Anaheim: The Kings are also unconfirmed, but it sounds like Martin Jones might make his NHL debut. Ben Scrivens has played 10 straight since Jonathan Quick went down to injury, and could use a rest. Jonas Hiller is in for the Ducks.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 24
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 12
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 8
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 15
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1