Dec 3, 2013, 3:18 PM EST
Rexall Sports Corporation, the Edmonton Oilers and Rogers Communications today announced the new home of the Edmonton Oilers will be named Rogers Place. A milestone for the new downtown Edmonton arena, Rogers Place is set to open its doors for the 2016 NHL season.
This announcement extends the unprecedented 13-year telecommunications sponsorship deal signed at the beginning of this season which includes extensive brand and advertising placements, arena signage, concourse, rink, in-ice, in-bowl and in-game applications.
So the NHL will soon have two Rogers-branded rinks, the other being Rogers Arena in Vancouver.
Rogers also signed a wee TV deal with the NHL last week.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 3
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 6
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)